We're always looking for passionate, driven people who think they'd be a fit for our company! If you don't see what you're looking for on this page, reach out - we'd love to chat.
APAX Software Web Developer
APAX Software is looking to hire dependable web developers to work on some exciting projects! Full-time positions are available. Pay is competitive and you’ll be working from our downtown Lexington offices at Awesome Inc on Main Street. If you value a strong company culture, flexibility, and working for a company that gives back to the local technology community, then apply now.
Questions? Email Brian: firstname.lastname@example.org
Awesome Inc Community Manager
We are seeking an outgoing, energetic, and organized individual to lead the community strategy of a not-for-profit program launching in Lexington, Kentucky. Through relocation support and community engagement opportunities, program participants are encouraged to move to Kentucky and make it their home for the long term.
The Community Manager serves a vital program role by introducing participants to Lexington, integrating them into the community in ways that meet their unique needs, and serving as an ongoing resource to help them build successful lives in Kentucky. This role is responsible for creating welcoming and inclusive community strategies that highlight the benefits of living in Lexington and Kentucky at large. To achieve this goal, the Community Manager will coordinate city tours for applicants, facilitate regular program events, and build relationships with many external partners in the Central Kentucky area. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator and facilitator who is able to anticipate and solve the needs of program participants from a wide variety of backgrounds and locations. The candidate must have a demonstrated knowledge of Lexington and strong connections within Central Kentucky. Prior experience in event planning, community-building, or similar is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead all community-focused aspects of the Community and New Resident program, including but not limited to:
- Give or arrange city tours for late-stage applicants who are unfamiliar with Lexington
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders to develop an annual calendar of community events
- Ensure monthly events are planned and executed successfully, including: coordinating partners, vendors, resources, logistics, and communication strategies
- Seek creative ways to leverage resources and adhere to budget procedures for events and tours
- Field questions from program participants and connect them to useful relocation resources
- Manage the program’s social media presence and develop content relevant to the community
- Maintain relationships with key program stakeholders such as community partners, vendors, city ambassadors, and other leaders in both the public and private sector
- Build and encourage mentor relationships between local leaders and program participants
- Utilize program alumni, mentors, and volunteers in strategic and thoughtful ways
- Identify and develop city partnerships that further the program’s strategic goals, sustainability, and breadth of experiences and benefits offered to participants
- Minimum 3 years of directly relevant experience such as community-building or event planning
- Minimum 5 years in the Central Kentucky area, demonstrating strong community ties
- Able to regularly work weekends/non-traditional hours from a variety of Central KY locations
- Passionate about sharing all that Kentucky has to offer
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Able to build rapport with individuals from varying cultures, experiences, and backgrounds
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized with ability to multitask, collaborate, problem solve, and meet deadlines
- Service minded individual who projects a positive and professional attitude in all interactions
- Strong Google Docs game (Sheets, docs, slides, etc)
- Skilled at social media marketing and proficient with software such as Zoom, Slack, etc.
- Strong networker who is comfortable advocating for the benefit of the program
Competitive pay and perks.
Questions? Email Brian Raney: email@example.com
Awesome Inc Videographer
Awesome Inc exists to help people pursue their definition of awesome. We do this by building a community around entrepreneurship and technology.
- Proactively seek Awesome Inc stories to tell through video
- Collaborate with our marketing team to produce and schedule new content
- Manage video team and video interns
- Collaborate with Program Directors to produce and publish video projects and ensure that requirements are met and projects are completed by deadlines.
- Oversee all video projects and work with other team members to ensure that requirements are met and projects are completed by deadlines.
- Understand and strategically plan around Awesome Inc calendar of events
- Collaborate with current Awesome Fellowship companies to make sure their video needs are met
- Assist with recruitment of video team members for team alpha internship program
- Create and maintain organization system for video files and assets
- Assist with photography projects as needed
Note: Your job description is not your only job. You’re expected to be a team player. Whether it’s setting up for an event, providing an estimate, helping with a marketing activity, giving a tour, assisting a visitor, or anything else that is going to benefit the company, be ready to be a team player. Familiarize yourself with the right information and don’t use ignorance as an excuse not to help. At some point all of us will do work that doesn’t fall under our job description.
- Embody Awesome Inc’s four Core Values: Be Good, Be Excellent, Be a Friend, Be You
- Willing to take the initiative and exude motivation and leadership
- Great communication skills, especially in distilling complex subject matter into simple, memorable explanations
- Remote communication skills, including email, Zoom for live video, Loom for asynchronous video, and Slack for chat-based communication
- Excellent Google Docs/Sheets/Slides skills
- Monthly Catered Team Lunches
- Access to Summer & Winter Retreat
- Startup Community Event Access
- Part time and Hourly Position
Questions? Email Emily Wehrle: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coding Coach - Youth Courses
Coding Coaches are the foundation of our instructional team for our youth programs like the Coding Club and the Week of Code summer camp. An ideal candidate for the Coding Coach, Youth courses role would be just as excited about building things with code as they are at sharing this knowledge with others. With a breadth of new languages, frameworks, and platforms arriving on the scene each year, we’re less concerned with the code you’ve already written than your ability to learn whatever our students need you to learn (and help them learn) next.
Questions? Email Kyle: email@example.com
Team Alpha Intern
Join our internship team called Team Alpha and get the experience you need to pursue your definition of awesome! Learn more by clicking the Apply Here button.
Questions? Email Garrett Fahrbach: firstname.lastname@example.org