We are seeking an outgoing, energetic, and organized individual to lead the community strategy of a not-for-profit program launching in Lexington, Kentucky. Through relocation support and community engagement opportunities, program participants are encouraged to move to Kentucky and make it their home for the long term.
The Community Manager serves a vital program role by introducing participants to Lexington, integrating them into the community in ways that meet their unique needs, and serving as an ongoing resource to help them build successful lives in Kentucky. This role is responsible for creating welcoming and inclusive community strategies that highlight the benefits of living in Lexington and Kentucky at large. To achieve this goal, the Community Manager will coordinate city tours for applicants, facilitate regular program events, and build relationships with many external partners in the Central Kentucky area. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator and facilitator who is able to anticipate and solve the needs of program participants from a wide variety of backgrounds and locations. The candidate must have a demonstrated knowledge of Lexington and strong connections within Central Kentucky. Prior experience in event planning, community-building, or similar is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Lead all community-focused aspects of the Community and New Resident program, including but not limited to:
- Give or arrange city tours for late-stage applicants who are unfamiliar with Lexington
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders to develop an annual calendar of community events
- Ensure monthly events are planned and executed successfully, including: coordinating partners, vendors, resources, logistics, and communication strategies
- Seek creative ways to leverage resources and adhere to budget procedures for events and tours
- Field questions from program participants and connect them to useful relocation resources
- Manage the program’s social media presence and develop content relevant to the community
- Maintain relationships with key program stakeholders such as community partners, vendors, city ambassadors, and other leaders in both the public and private sector
- Build and encourage mentor relationships between local leaders and program participants
- Utilize program alumni, mentors, and volunteers in strategic and thoughtful ways
- Identify and develop city partnerships that further the program’s strategic goals, sustainability, and breadth of experiences and benefits offered to participants
- Minimum 3 years of directly relevant experience such as community-building or event planning
- Minimum 5 years in the Central Kentucky area, demonstrating strong community ties
- Able to regularly work weekends/non-traditional hours from a variety of Central KY locations
- Passionate about sharing all that Kentucky has to offer
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Able to build rapport with individuals from varying cultures, experiences, and backgrounds
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized with ability to multitask, collaborate, problem solve, and meet deadlines
- Service minded individual who projects a positive and professional attitude in all interactions
- Strong Google Docs game (Sheets, docs, slides, etc)
- Skilled at social media marketing and proficient with software such as Zoom, Slack, etc.
- Strong networker who is comfortable advocating for the benefit of the program
Competitive pay and perks.