At the close of MobileX will be a pitch contest with five startup companies/ ideas competing for $500. The participants will have 3 minutes each to pitch to a panel of judges and the audience will be able to vote for their favorite via text message voting. This year's participants are:
• Arial Boulware with Where R U?, a new safety app for smart phone users.
• Eric Gaines with Party Tutor, a website/ smartphone app that combines everything a college student needs in one place. It will supply the daily bar drink specials, daily food specials (some specifically through Party Tutor), Midnight Munchies (food joints open after 12am), special College Deals, events, and more.
• Wes Brooks with TailoredMessage, a messaging platform for healthcare organizations that generates patient communication profiles to assist doctors in effective patient communication and improve patient self-care to reduce readmission rates.
• Zach Jacobs with SmartLit, a Bluetooth-controllable device which plugs into an outlet in a customer's home which would allow them to cut or enable power to the outlet if a Bluetooth device (iPhone or Android phone) is in range.
• Michael Loffredo with ConnectIntoClass.com, a social utility that allows students to collaborate with other students that would otherwise be outside their network. ConnectIntoClass.com creates a learning community comprised of students in the same class to form study groups, answer questions about lectures and the course material, solve problems, etc.
Good luck to everyone who's pitching!